EMC Security Remains Ready During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
A Note From Vince Raia, President of EMC Security
EMC Security remains ready to help protect your home and business.
EMC Security takes very seriously the concerns of our customers and our employees during this unusual and difficult time, as we all grapple with the effects of the COVID-19 virus.
Considered an “essential service” by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, EMC Security provides critical services to “…assist in emergency management, law enforcement, emergency management systems, fire, and corrections, including front line and management.” These include “…workers, including contracted vendors, who maintain digital systems infrastructure supporting law enforcement and emergency service operations.”
EMC Security has taken a series of precautionary steps to help ensure service to our customers is not compromised, and we are doing everything we can to keep customers and employees safe.
Our Monitoring and Corporate Facilities
- EMC Security customers are monitored in three locations simultaneously, in three areas of the country. This should help reduce the chances that any monitoring response would be delayed due to an event at any one location.
- With the exception of a very few critical systems maintenance personnel, all EMC Security office personnel have been deployed to work from home with a sophisticated communications and network system set up just for such emergencies.
- The EMC Security offices, and all EMC Security employees remaining, are following CDC guidelines for hygiene and healthy practices. All staff have been issued ample supplies of sanitizer, wipes and protective gloves, and will be using these barrier items when visiting your home.
- We are providing additional time off and paying co-pays for all employees to encourage they seek medical attention and testing, so our employees do not feel the need to choose between their health and their work. Business travel outside of the office has been curtailed.
Inside Your Home or Business
Any EMC Security employee visiting your home or business will maintain CDC recommended social distances from each customer or family member.
- They will maintain a distance of 6 feet from anyone including pets, and will not shake hands.
- They will be wearing gloves when they enter the home or business and will wear them throughout the duration of the appointment.
- Prior to scheduling a site visit, responding personnel may ask if there are any health issues in the home or contact with an infected person as a matter of safety and caution.
- Customers will be electronically sent documents.
EMC Security is committed to providing all services to our customers in a safe and healthy manner. We will continue to provide services to our customers while always taking wise precautions.