Best Practices for Using a Home Alarm Mobile App
When you’re away from home and want to know if your security system is armed, a good mobile app is a must.
The best home alarm apps allow you to arm and disarm your alarm system remotely and see what doors or windows were opened while the system was armed.
Most importantly, it should enhance your peace of mind with the ability to monitor activity from anywhere in the world.
The home alarm app is a useful tool that allows you to arm and disarm your security system remotely, or from anywhere in the world. You can also use it to set up automatic arming of your system based on certain times of day, such as when you’re at work or out of town on vacation.
When using the app, keep in mind some best practices for ensuring its effectiveness:
1. Make sure that all members of your household know how to use the app so they can manage their own accounts easily. This will help ensure everyone has access when needed–and no one accidentally disarms the system while trying out something new!
2. Use the home alarm app to arm or disarm your system remotely. Away mode allows you to arm your alarm system remotely. You can set it up so that when you leave the house, your security system automatically arms itself and sends a notification to let you know that everything is okay. When returning home, just open up your phone’s “home” screen and hit “disarm.” You will have to enter your passcode for addditional security purposes.
3. Use the home alarm app to see what doors and windows were opened while the system was armed. If you have an alarm system that has a mobile app, use it to see who opened the door while your house was armed. The app will show you which doors and windows were opened and when they were opened. You’ll alse see what time it happened and whether or not the system was armed at that time.
4. Review your activity log often so you know who has entered your home while you were away. Reviewing your activity log often is important for knowing who has entered your home while you were away. The log will show which doors and windows were opened while the system was armed, and it can help you confirm that no one else had access to your home.
5. Have each family member download the mobile app so they can control their own features and settings on their devices. The home security alarm system mobile app is your best friend when it comes to keeping your family safe. It’s easy to use and can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play, so you don’t have to worry about downloading anything extra onto your phone.
Once you have downloaded the app, there are several features that will make it easier for you and other members of your family to use.
- First, each person who has access should download their own copy so they can control their own settings on their devices.
- Second, have each person create an account with a username and password–this way they won’t have trouble logging in later!
- Finally: make sure everyone knows how important it is not only that they arm/disarm their system but also what doors/windows were opened while armed (you’ll find this info under “Home”). Reviewing this activity log often will help ensure safety inside as well as outside because it allows one another know who has entered while away from home
6. Consider sharing access with trusted friends and family members as well as service providers such as dog walkers, housekeepers and repairmen who need access to your home at times when you’re not there. When you share access with friends and family, they will be able to see your home’s status and receive alerts when there’s an incident. You can also grant them temporary access so they can enter the house while you’re away.
As with most things in life, it’s important to take the time and effort to do things correctly.
A good home security alarm mobile app will simplify your life by allowing you to arm and disarm your alarm system remotely and see what doors and windows were opened while it was armed. The best part is that these features are available on all major platforms, including Android, and iOS..
If you’re looking for more ways to make life easier and safer, contact EMC Security at 770-963-0305 or complete this form today.