Do you want to work for a respected, growing and stable company?
Does your current company offer a great wage, company-paid benefits, and other substantial perks? EMC Security is a leading provider of residential and commercial security solutions, serving the Greater Atlanta Metropolitan Area since 1998.
We are committed to providing our customers with the most advanced security and connected services technology. Our customers and employees have consistently voted us as one of the best in the industry. With growing demand, we are seeking
EMC Security is a drug-free workplace. Our employees are tested for drugs and have a full criminal background check. If you are interested in working for EMC Security, take a look at our open positions below. You may fax your resume to 770-234-4111 or email to
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Residential Security System Installation and Service Technician
Local Security Company owned by Jackson EMC, Walton EMC and Greystone Power, three of the nation’s largest electric utility EMC companies, is seeking qualified and experienced installation and service technicians to serve the customers of EMC Security.
- 3 years field experience installing and servicing security, fire andother related systems for residential application
- Experience with major brands of GE Security, Ademco and DSC
- Experience installing both hard-wired and wireless systems.Must be familiar with construction principles and how to effectively install hard-wired systems in both new and existing homes.
- Must be able to demonstrate efficient use of tools of retrofit installation such fish tape, glow-rods, levels,sheetrock saws, etc.
- Must have experience trouble-shooting existing systems isolating and repairing systems.
- Must be able to use effectively voltage/ohm meters to install andtrouble-shoot
- Must be able to work in confined areas such as crawlspaces and attics
- Must be able to be on-call several times a year to handle after hours and service calls. Flat on- call base pay plus any hourly paid for time spent on call responding to customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Must be hardworking, self-motivated and inspired to help companygrow to the next level.
- Must be eager to learn and respond to training
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and occasional Saturday work
- Must have clean driving record, as company vehicle is provided.
- Must live within 25 miles of offices in Lawrenceville officeMust be able to pass a required background investigation and drug-testing
- Competitive hourly pay dependent upon experience level,full benefits, company-provided vehicle and cell phone
- Generous amount of overtime offered
- Hiring bonus for the right candidate that is employed after 6 months with company
Detail of compensation plan:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Overtime available
- Company vehicle provided for work and personal commute (not for personal use by employee during non-work hours)
- Full company benefit package including:
- Health and dental plan (after 30 days)
- 100% 401K match to first 4% of employee contribution (after one year)
- 1 week paid vacation first year, 2 weeks paid vacation after 2 years, 3 weeks paid vacation after 5 years
- 7 company-paid Holidays
- Life insurance, disability insurance 100% paid by company
- Cell phone provided (allow personal use if kept within acceptable range)
Basic Company Philosophy (as pertains to this position):
We are customer-friendly. As part of the Jackson EMC and Walton EMC family of companies, we put customer service and developinga quality brand ahead of profitability. We must add to the value of the Jackson EMC and Walton EMC brand.
We work as a team. While we encourage individual performance,we understand that our customers are best served when we act as a team.
We pay above average wages for our industry and provide a goodplace to work. We support the goals and aspirations of our employees and are a family-friendly place to work. We have never furloughed an installation employee since the inception of our business.We are dedicated to the success of our employees and expect them to be dedicated in return.