5 Questions to Ask When Buying Home Security
Choosing the right home security system can be extremely difficult and
The number of questions involved in giving proper consideration
Which brand is more reliable?
Should I pay for professional installation?
Does the company offer a security app?
Should I go with a local or national provider?
At the end of the day, there’s a lot to consider. In order save you time, and to help you get the most protection, ease of use and value, we’ve compiled a list of five questions you need to ask prior to making a decision on which company to choose for home security.
Ask the following inquiries to help ensure that you are making a well-informed decision.
1. Is the system professionally monitored?
Professional monitorization is the golden
EMC Security recognizes that there is no substitute for having a system that is professionally monitored, which is why all of our systems come standard with around-the-clock monitoring coverage.
2. Will it withstand the home criminal toolkit?
Unfortunately, not all security products are designed the same. Avoid having thieves circumvent your system by ensuring that it comes with these following features:
- Crash and Smash Warranty. It’s common practice for burglars to smash a home’s security panel to disable it from communicating with the security monitoring station. EMC Security’s technology can detect a crash and smash attack and signal your monitoring station
regardlesssuch an occurrence.
- Cellular Communicator. Sometimes mother nature or human interference can disrupt traditional phone communications, in which case, having our ‘cellular communicator’ feature would come in handy. This type of signaling technology is not dependent on your home’s broadband or phone line, and so it’s not vulnerable to outside attacks.
3. What else will this system protect you from?
With the emergence of new technologies, the best home security systems are now equipped to protect your home from far more than home intrusions.
EMC Security offers a line of devices that can sense and respond to hazards, such as fire, carbon monoxide
With the ability to respond to more dangers and challenges, EMC Security systems offer you more value than the traditional home security system.
4. What happens if something malfunctions or stops working?
Regardless of how many cool features a security system may have, they’re virtually useless if the security system does not work when you need it. When you purchase a stand-alone security system, you are left to fend for yourself when a device or component of the system needs professional attention.
However, with EMC Security, help is always a phone call away. Our technicians can be quickly dispatched to troubleshoot your system, and in some cases, issues may be fixed remotely.
5. Does it include smart home devices?
Smart home technology is more than just a home improvement trend, and it almost goes without saying that it’s here to stay. The right security system will set you up with everything you need for a smart home. In fact, it’s the easiest way to own one.
EMC Security carries a wide range of essential smart devices, from smart locks, smart thermostats, connected video cameras, smart lights, video doorbells, and more.
Controlling an EMC Security-powered smart home is easy. Our smartphone app controls everything, or you can use your voice with Amazon Echo. Yes — when it comes to automation, EMC Security makes smart homes smarter.
Still have questions? Give us a call at 770.963.0305 to find out how we can help today.