Thinking about a video doorbell for a loved one?
You’re not alone. This type of video camera is one of the most popular smart-home products of the year. The reason why is because it’s a doorbell, a video camera, and a two-way communications device all wrapped into one.
5 Really Useful Things You Can Do With a Video Doorbell
1. Answer the door from anywhere in the world
- When a visitor rings your video doorbell, it chimes like an ordinary doorbell but you also get an alert on your smartphone app.
- Tap the alert and you’ll see a live video stream of your visitor. They can’t see you but you can see them, and you can have a conversation using the doorbell’s two-way audio feature.
2. Secure a delivered package
- Have you ever experienced the anxiety of having a valuable package being left on your porch when you’re not there? With a video doorbell installed as part of your smart home security system, you won’t need to worry.
- When the delivery driver rings the bell, you can ask them to leave the package inside, unlocking your front door with the smart lock and disarming your security system all through one app. No smart-locks? You can still instruct the delivery person to place the package in a different location or ask a friend to claim it.
3. Catch a suspicious person in the act
- A video doorbell is actually a complete security camera, able to capture motion-triggered clips, alert you, and store your clips for later viewing.
- It’s a great way to keep an eye on activity around your porch and driveway, which are the busiest areas on your property.
- Should your camera catch something —a suspicious caller or a package thief, you’ll find it easy to download the clip and share it with your local police department.
4. Keep up with the kids
- You can use your video doorbell as a tool for peace of mind. For example, your doorbell camera can send you a daily video alert when your kids arrive home from school.
- Kids also enjoy using video doorbells as a one-way ‘FaceTime’ device, ringing the bell when you’re at work to say hello and give you a wave.
5. Sleep undisturbed
- Naptime is the worst time imaginable for a loud doorbell to chime through your home. Simply put your video doorbell in ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode which switches the chime off, but still sends you a text alert when a visitor rings the bell. Then just open your app, see who’s there, and decide whether to answer or not.
Give EMC Security a call to order your video doorbell at 770-963-0305 today – OR order online right now for just $149.